1. When you are drunk, you just
THINK you play like Eric Clapton. When in fact, you sound like Big Bird on
2. Bands are still making the same money they did 25 years ago.
3. People don't want to hear your 10 minute guitar/drum/bass solo no
matter how good you think it is.
4. People will always say you are too loud and they are usually right.
5. Most people are not there to listen to the band.
6. You may think you're the opening act but you're really the sound check.
7. Everyone wants to hear "Mustang Sally" no matter how many times
you've played it in the past.
8. Secretly you enjoy playing "Mustang Sally" cause it's easy to solo
9. A good way to send people to the restroom is to announce the next song
is an original.
10. When you are hired to play an event what they really hired was the use of
11. At the end of the gig most folks couldn't tell you three songs you played
the entire night.
12. The more complex a song is the less people want to hear it.
13. Most people don't even know the name of your band.
14. People will enjoy a bad band if they at least act like they are having
a good time on stage.
15. Anything having to do with music takes a back seat when your first child is
born, (band members without children will never understand this one).
16. At some point someone will request "Freebird". It doesn't matter
if you play a banjo in a Spanish band & wear a sombrero, it's going to
17. "Girlfriends" with tambourines are annoying.
18. Anyone with a tambourine is annoying, (this includes cowbells).
19. The "Chicken Dance" & "Play that Funky Music White
Boy" are staples at weddings. Live with it.
20. If you play enough bars & beer joints, you will eventually get
flashed...by the ugliest woman in attendance.